Family Case Management
A Program for Pregnant Women and Mothers of Young Children
Family Case Management assists eligible pregnant women and young children with obtaining access to prenatal and well child care, immunizations and screenings.
Services We Provide:
- home visits/WIC contacts by a nurse case manager
- referral for prenatal care
- referral for well checks and immunizations
- educational materials about pregnancy, babies and children
- weight checks and developmental screenings of young children
- assistance with KidCare or public aid process
- referral to agencies that may be helpful (food, clothing, shelter, daycare, transportation, etc.)
Kankakee County Health Department will be providing Childbirth Education Classes for pregnant women who are in their last trimester.
Classes are usually held once a month on the first Friday. Please call (815) 802-9300 to register.
Take Action Classes
Kankakee County Health Department provides preterm labor prevention education classes for pregnant women in their second trimester.
Classes are usually held once a month on the fourth Friday. Please call (815) 802-9300 if interested.