Smoking Cessation Programs
Ready to Quit Smoking? We can help!
The Kankakee County Health Department is proud to offer the American Lung Association’s Freedom From Smoking (FFS) Program. Based on the latest research on addiction and behavioral change, the newly updated quit smoking program addresses many of the difficulties of quitting and provides the education and support to ensure that remaining smoke-free will become a permanent lifestyle choice. Trained professionals teach the program.
The cost of the FFS program is $30.00 per person, which covers program materials. Participants who regularly attend the Freedom From Smoking Program have the opportunity to receive the nicotine replacement therapy from Quitline.
NOTE: Program participants will meet once a week for seven weeks. On week four, (QUIT week), partipants will meet twice.
To register or for more information, call: (815) 802-9395.
- People in Illinois who die this year from smoking: 19,000. People who didn’t have to: 19,000.
- Odds of…
- …Dying in a car crash: 6,200 to 1
- …Dying from smoking: 3 to 1.
- Major organs in the body that cigarettes damage: 5. Major organs in the body: 5.
Links for Information on Tobacco and Tobacco Cessation
- American Lung Association in Illinois
- The Illinois Tobacco Quitline
- Way 2 Quit
- Smoke Free
- Freedom from Smoking
For Help on Quitting Tobacco
Call the Illinois Department of Public Health’s Quit Line:
Quit Help Line – (866) QUIT-YES (866) 784-8937