The primary function of Kankakee County Health Department’s Health Education division is to promote behaviors that prevent disease and injury.
The division of health promotion:
- chairs several community coalitions focused on specific prevention efforts
- coordinates educational seminars, trainings, the Annual Health and Safety Fair and the Kankakee County Teen Conference
- delivers educational presentations to schools and community groups
- conducts smoking cessation programs
- maintains a resource and video library